LPPM SGU was reformed in 2010 with the official name, Academic Research and Community Service (ARCS), as part of the reconstructed SGU Organization.
ARCS has the task of coordinating, monitoring, assessing and documenting the implementation of research activities and community service organized by the departments / faculties or other SGU units as well as promoting, facilitating, and monitoring the allocation and use of resources.
The Academic Research and Community Service (ARCS) at Swiss German University aims to develop a culture of research in the university and to encourage the utilization of the research results in order to support higher education and national sustainable development in a professional manner.
Community Service (CS) is part of the Trilogy of Higher Education in Indonesia. The Community Service that is conducted by SGUs civitas academia is the implementation of activities in science and technology from the result of SGU academic research or other research in the public domain
The main objectives of CS are:
Solving environment problems
Improving SME management
Improving work and living standards
Improving production processes
Improving operational activities of schools, local governments and other institutions
All the Community Service is conducted under the coordination of ARCS.
SGU welcome partners from industries, local governments, research and education institutions to jointly conduct community service.
Research Centers at Swiss German University are:
1. Research Center for Food & Health
2. Research Center for Technology and Innovation.
3. Research Center for Business and Entrepreneurship.
4. Research Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation.
Research Strategic Plan at Swiss German University compiled with the goals and the objectives as follows:
1. To improve continuously the capacity and quality of the system, resources and research governance at SGU towards the research university.
2. To ensure that the output of the development of science, technological products and business innovations able to put SGU as one of the reference University in the field of science, technology and business nationally and internationally.
3. To improve the implementation of the product of science and technology, as well as business innovation generated by encouraging their utilization in the community to improve the quality of life and the prosperity of the nation.
4. To increase the active role of the institution and building the national and international research networking, which include universities, industries, government and community.
The Research Focus is implemented through 9 (nine) main Research Programs, namely:
1. Development of the use of natural materials and systems for food and health security.
2. Development of instruments and equipment process industry in the fields of food and health.
3. Sensor technology research and application.
4. IT security and malware research.
5. Research distributed autonomous intelligent manufacturing system.
6. Increasing competitiveness of human resources and products based on local strengths.
7. Improving the quality of business to achieve sustainability growth SMEs and corporate.
8. Renewable energy Research.
9. Research on energy conservation.
Community Services Units at Swiss German University are:
1. Unit for Continuing Education & Training.
2. Unit for Technology and Business Incubator.
3. Unit for University Community Service.
Community Services Strategic Plan at Swiss German University compiled with the goals and objectives as follows:
1. To ensure that output of the development of science, technological and business products capable for creating technological innovation to encourage economic development.
2. To improve the implementation of output of the science, technology and business product by encourage their use in the community to improve the quality of life and the prosperity of the nation.
3. To conduct activities, that empower the alleviation of economic, political, social and cultural marginalized community.
4. To do the transfer of technology, knowledge and business skills to the community to develop human dignity and natural resources sustainability.
The focus of Community Service is implemented through 5 (five) main Community Service Program namely:
1. Improvement of governance implementation and quality assurance systems of community service.
2. Facilitating the provision of basic needs, public health and the environment (clean water, nutrition, waste management and sanitation).
3. Community empowerment in accordance with the potential and local resources.
4. Increasing the capacity and ability of the community through education and training.
5. Development of entrepreneurship ability of beginner entrepreneurs.