About Study Program
Mechatronics is a multi-disciplinary study dealing with the integration of mechanical devices, actuators, sensors, electronics, intelligent controllers and computers. Many new generations of consumer or commercial products can be classified as mechatronic products as they involve mechanical as well as electronic components. The need for mechatronic education has grown due to the increase in the number and importance of such systems and devices.
The Faculty of Engineering of Swiss German University has recognized the need for such a program especially in Indonesia because of our strong manufacturing and electronics related industries. The graduate Master of Mechanical Engineering Study Program Mechatronics was launched in January 2014. Within three semesters, you achieve the Nationally Recognized " Master of Mechanical Engineering " degree (MT), which is also accredited by the board of accreditation of higher education of Indonesia and enables to you pursue a PhD.
The program is designed to provide in-depth knowledge in the fundamentals, design, analysis and operation of mechatronic systems.
This programme is conducted on Saturdays in the SGU Campus, The Prominence, Alam Sutera – Tangerang. The programme can be completed within 18 months and is divided into 4 semesters with a total number of 40 credits.
What You Study
The aim of the Master of Mechanical Engineering Study Programme in Mechatronics is to educate a development engineer with competencies in mechanics, electronics and software including the interplay between the technologies. The study programmes qualifies the graduate engineer to carry out, participate in or lead the development of mechatronic products.
A Master of Mechanical Engineering which is concentrated in Mechatronics from the University of Swiss German Indonesia is characterised by mastering the following competencies:
- The ability to design and calculate mechanical designs
- The ability to design and calculate electronic circuits
- The ability to develop software for intelligent products
- The ability to participate in a company’s development department independently and together with others
- The ability to apply technological knowledge and theories for the development of new products
- Specialised knowledge within either of the profiles: Nanotechnology, Embedded Systems, Dynamic Mechatronic Systems or Thermal Energy Technology
- The ability to carry out development projects independently and in teams
- The potential to become a project manager of product development assignments
- Knowledge of the highest level of research in the chosen profile
- Can understand and reflect on the knowledge at a scientific level
- Can identify scientific problems of research in the chosen profile
Participants in the programme are required to defend his/her thesis proposal in a Proposal Examination. Participants are expected to have clear objectives and use appropriate methodologies to solve research problems related to their thesis topics.
Master of Mechanical Engineering graduates will have capabilities to work effectively in various positions both in public and private sectors as follows: Research and Development, University positions – PhD programmes, Project manager,Consultant, Project sales, Teaching, Civil Servant.
Why in SGU
- Study in three semesters with flexible time.
- Affordable Tuition fee
- Open mind, creative and critical thinking culture
- Diverse background of students and lecturers
- Triple helix model (University-Industry-Government)
- Cutting edge curriculum and action research topics
- Broad opportunities for (students) publications
- Available in-house journal and annual conference
- Combining hard and soft knowledge
- The programme is internationally recognized
- English speaking class with international minded campus
- Strong links with companies, in particular from the Mechatronics Industries
- Team of lecturers consist of both experienced researchers and practitioners in the field of mechatronics engineering.
- Scholarship is available
A mechatronic engineer is a problem solver by nature. Mechatronic engineering skills are in demand by both national and international companies who require personnel with mechatronics expertise to help to ensure that the products they manufacture are up-to-date and can be produced economically.
Mechatronics engineers design or select sensors and actuators, develop control algorithms and use or develop advanced functional materials for the design of mechanical systems such as chassis stabilising systems, anti-lock brakes, engine control units, disk drives, cameras, service and surgical robots and artificial hearts.
Mechatronics engineering has become an internationally recognised discipline with degree programmes offered in Japan, the United States of America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. There are many opportunities for mechatronics graduates.
The desire for a high-tech, knowledge-based economy that has recently been expressed. A recent survey of our mechatronics graduates and companies employing our graduates indicated strong support for the degree. Mechatronics engineers are employed in a wide range of jobs in design, improvement, implementation and maintenance of high-tech products, services and processes in mechanical, electronic and computer-related businesses.
With the multi-disciplinary nature of mechatronics engineering it is anticipated that mechatronics engineers will have excellent opportunities and progress quickly to jobs with greater responsibilities.
- Dr. Ir. Gembong Baskoro, MSc
- Prof. Houtman P.Siregar, PhD
- Dena Hendriana, B.Sc., S.M., Sc.D
- Leonard P. Rusli, B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D
- Dr. Yunita Umniyati, S.Si., M.Sc
- Ir Dedy Loebis, MBA, MSc., Ph.D
- Dr. J. Berchmans
- Dr. Rusman