About Study Program
Swiss German University (SGU) is the first and the only university offering a bachelor degree (S1) in the field of Pharmaceutical Engineering in Indonesia, with graduates currently advancing their career as professionals in national and multi-national companies. Pharmaceutical Engineering is a concentration of the study program Chemical Engineering, with a focus on design, operation and optimization of processes in pharmaceutical industries. This study program combines theoretical perspective with actual experience in pharmaceutical industries by offering an internship program in Indonesia and in Germany.
To become a globally recognized Chemical Engineering study program, excelling in technology and demonstrating integrity, as well as high social responsibility.
- To carry out Chemical Engineering study program activities strongly interacting with industry.
- To provide a quality education that produces graduates with competencies to fulfil the needs of industry, academic fields, and other society needs.
- To conduct research in the field of process engineering, processing systems, and equipment, that will contribute to, and impact industry and society.
- To conduct community service benefitting the industrial community, professionals, and the local community by utilizing science and technology.
- To build relations with both national and international institutions.
- To increase the quality and professionalism of academic and non-academic staff.
What You Study
Basic sciences and the laboratories subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Microbiology) are studied in the first year to build a strong basic knowledge for the students. In the higher semesters, the student learns about Chemical Engineering principles, Pharmaceutical Unit Operations, Pharmaceutical Process and Process Design, Good Manufacturing Practices in Pharmaceutical Industries, Plant Safety, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, and other relevant subjects. Through the combination of theory and industrial practical experience during the internship program in Indonesia and in Germany, the students are equipped with the strong competency needed for their future professional work.
Download the curriculum here.
Why in SGU
SGU’s Pharmaceutical Engineering study program is highly valued by many industries in the field of pharmaceutical, chemical, herbal, and cosmetics products, as well as pharmaceutical equipment and machinery companies in Indonesia. The demand for Pharmaceutical Engineering graduates in Indonesia is very high, and therefore the waiting period for the graduates to get a job is less than three months after graduation. This study program offers a complete knowledge and competency of both pharmaceutical science and general chemical engineering concepts for the graduates to prepare them for their future professional careers.
The graduates possess career opportunities to work in national and multi-national pharmaceutical, chemical, herbal, cosmetics companies. Furthermore, they also can work in the pharmaceutical-related machines and instrumentations companies, either the manufacturers or suppliers. Moreover, they also have big opportunities to work as consultants, researchers, lecturers and entrepreneurs.
- Agoes Soehianie, PhD.
- Reza Septiawan, PhD.
- Irvan Setiadi Kartawiria, S.T., MSc.
- Hery Sutanto, M.Si.
- Dr.-Ing. Diah Indriani Widiputri, S.T., M.Sc.
- Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Samuel P. Kusumocahyo
- Dr.-Ing Evita H Legowo
- Ir. Paulus Gunawan, MM.
- Antonius Herry Cahyana, PhD.
- dr. Maharani Bayu Handayani, M.Cs., IBCLC.
- Ingolf P. Maximowitz, Dipl.-Wirs-Ing.
- Nicky Bela Christian Hutauruk, M.Eng.
- Dr. Phil. Matthias Guenther, M.Sc.
- Dra. Eka Savitri Tamanbali, MM.