About Study Program
Industrial Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with the optimization of complex processes, systems, or organizations. An industrial engineer works to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, man-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value. They engineer processes and systems that improve quality and productivity.
To be a leading Industrial Engineering study program in generating superior human resources and to become part of the international community developing the system technology of products and services in 2020.
- To deliver education and learning activities to generate human resources in industrial engineering with international benchmarks;
- To conduct research and technology development in industrial engineering partnering with industry and other academic institutions;
- To perform community service activities in the field of industrial engineering; and
- To produce human resources that have ethical values that are noble and have the ability to implement science and knowledge for the benefit of societies.
What You Study
Industrial Engineering draws concepts from engineering, mathematics, economics, statistics and social sciences to improve efficiency and productivity required in today’s competitive global market. In meeting the needs for better quality of products, services, and processes, highly rigorous skills are needed to identify, analyze and design complex production systems. Industrial engineers develop innovative solutions to improve productivity, eliminating waste of time, capitals, skills, materials and energy, as well as creating new products and services. The uniqueness of Industrial Engineering is that its techniques can be applied across a diverse range of industries, not only in manufacturing, but also in logistics and supply chain management, banking and finance, consultancy services, IT, transportation, utilities, entertainment, and health care.
The future of the manufacturing industry is closely tied to this technology and the idea of a “smart factory”, and it will be impossible to continue to operate while ignoring these concepts. The diagram above illustrates the concept of Industry 4.0, and how the equipment and personnel in a plant can exchange information by connecting to a local network. An industrial engineer holds a very important role in the transformation of the technologies to be used in the Industry 4.0 era including in area of Change Management, Facilities Design and Analysis, Product Development, Simulation Integrated Manufacturing, Human Machine Interactions, Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytic, Supply Chain Management and Performance Engineering.
- Lean Operations in Industrial and System Engineering
- Logistics and Supply Chain System
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Facilities Design and Analysis
- New Product Design and Development
Available laboratories in Industrial Engineering of SGU are:
- Science (Physics) Lab.
- Electronics Lab.
- Automation & PLC Lab.
- Human Factor and Work System Engineering Lab.
- Industrial Ergonomic
- Industrial System Engineering Lab.
- Lean Operations
- Industrial Engineering System Design
- Enterprise Information System
- Computation and Data Analysis Lab.
- Engineering Statistics
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Operational Research
Graduates of Industrial Engineering are able to pursue careers as production engineers, plant managers, supply chain managers and planners, operation analysts, product developers, quality engineers, director of purchasing, process improvement consultants, information system analysts, etc.
Industrial Exposure: For Internship, Thesis Project and Career
- Dr. Tanika D. Sofianti, ST., M.T. (Head)
- Ir. Triarti Saraswati, M.Eng. (Deputy Head)
- Ir. Setijo Awibowo, M.M.
- Dr. Eng. Aditya T. Pratama, M.Si
- Dr. Yunita Umniyati, S.Si., M.Sc
- Dr. Eka Budiarto, S.T., M.Sc
- Dr. Eng. Sumarsono S.
- Ir. Win Sukardi, M.Eng., MM, MBA, M.Hum., CPM, CIPM, MQM, ASCA
- Gunawan Zuardi, M.Sc
- Anton Ahmad, M.Sc
- Cepi Hanafi, MT
- Hery Sutanto, M.Sc
- Nurdayadi, M.Sc
Download the brochure here.