About Study Program
One current world concern is how life can continue on a sustainable basis. Three important factors are food, energy, and water supply. The new study program in SGU, Sustainable Energy and Environment, under Chemical Engineering Department, focussing on energy, particularly renewable energy, energy conservation, environment, and water resources, prepares the human resources needed for these developments, for Indonesia and for the world.
To become a globally recognized Chemical Engineering study program, excelling in technology and demonstrating integrity, as well as high social responsibility.
- To carry out Chemical Engineering study program activities strongly interacting with industry.
- To provide a quality education that produces graduates with competencies to fulfil the needs of industry, academic fields, and other society needs.
- To conduct research in the field of process engineering, processing systems, and equipment, that will contribute to, and impact industry and society.
- To conduct community service benefitting the industrial community, professionals, and the local community by utilizing science and technology.
- To build relations with both national and international institutions.
- To increase the quality and professionalism of academic and non-academic staff.
What You Study
In Sustainable Energy and Environment program, basic sciences and the laboratories subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, and Material Science) be studied in the first year besides the basic energy-related subjects such as Introduction to Energy Policy and Environment. Bioenergy, Solar Energy, and Wind Energy. Also Hydro Energy as a renewable energy subject is studied in the second year while the local internship is held in the semester break In the same year, students also learn about the principles of Chemical Engineering, processes, and industrial skill, e.g. Chemical Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics, Unit Operations, and Chemical Reaction Engineering, as related to Energy. In the following year, students will learn more about processes and industrial technology to prepare them before having an internship abroad. One semester of lectures is held in Ernst – Abbe – Hochschule Jena – University of Applied Sciences, for Environmental Chemistry, Waste Treatment and Resources Efficiency, Ecobalance, Decentralized Energy Supply, Water purification, and Environment and Process Metrology. The student continues their stay in Germany to do their internship in the energy and environment focused Industry. In the last year of the study, Plant Safety, Industrial Economic, Management, and Plant Design subjects are studied to prepare the students for the professional world.
Download the curriculum here.
Why in SGU
- The first study program in Indonesia that focuses on both the sustainable energy and the environment fields.
- The opportunity receiving a Dual Degree by having a 1 (one) study semester at SGU’s partner university in Germany.
- The opportunity of doing practical work (internship) locally and overseas that will provide you with an extra edge in the job market
Graduates of this program can be employed in new and renewable energy sectors, and other sectors, such as chemical, petrochemical, palm oil, gas and oil companies, as well as in various companies that place a priority on energy conservation and the environment. They also can work as consultants, engineers, specialists, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
- Agoes Soehianie, PhD.
- Reza Septiawan, PhD.
- Irvan Setiadi Kartawiria, S.T., MSc.
- Hery Sutanto, M.Si.
- Dr.-Ing. Diah Indriani Widiputri, S.T., M.Sc.
- Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Samuel P. Kusumocahyo
- Dr.-Ing Evita H Legowo
- Ir. Paulus Gunawan, MM.
- Antonius Herry Cahyana, PhD.
- dr. Maharani Bayu Handayani, M.Cs., IBCLC.
- Ingolf P. Maximowitz, Dipl.-Wirs-Ing.
- Nicky Bela Christian Hutauruk, M.Eng.
- Dr. Phil. Matthias Guenther, M.Sc.
- Dra. Eka Savitri Tamanbali, MM.